My Starting Lineup is a feature where I announce my upcoming blog posts as part incentive to check back later in the week and part motivational tool to keep me writing. Have an idea you’d like added to the Starting Lineup? Feel free to submit a suggestion below.
So, this week here is what I’m planning to write about:
- I want to research and share a summary of the main pharmaceutical treatment options for psoriasis
- I want to pick one natural or alternative treatment method for psoriasis and share what I have learned and/or what others have said about it
- I want to try blogging either a new recipe or share an old favorite. I’m thinking Mexican but we’ll have to see
- I’ve been toying around with a post about why it’s hard being a Canucks fan. Hopefully I can get that finished this week.
As I promised yesterday in my post explaining the importance of healthy eating, here is my Day 1 weigh in for my 8 week Healthy Eating Challenge
- Weight – 207.6 lbs
- Chest – 42.3 inches
- Midsection – 43 inches
- Blood pressure – 130 / 74
- Pulse – 69 bpm
In yesterday’s post I said I was going to track my food habits for the next 8 weeks, but to push myself I have decided to also include physical activity info too. Look for my first update next weekend.
I feel like I should emphasize something: I am not engaging in this challenge as some kind of a diet or weight loss scheme. That’s not the point.
Let me be clear: my first priority with this challenge is to improve my health. I also hope to inspire others to take steps to improve their health as well by sharing my journey here.
Speaking of journeys, Ernest Hemingway wrote this about journeying:
It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end
Are you journeying well? If not, then commit to making a change and take the first step today.
Right now this health challenge is my first step.
What will be yours?
Mr Healthy Scratch